Cybersecurity Alert: 'Bad Rabbit' Ransomware
Date: Friday, 27th October 2017
Time: 13:00 hrs.
Guyana National Cybersecurity Incident Response Team (GNCIRT) confirms on Tuesday, October 24, a third major ransomware attack for this year occurred.
Unlike earlier attacks, this ransomware attack prompts users of legitimate but compromised websites to install a fake Adobe Flash update.
Users are advised to be extremely cautious in their online activities.
- Do NOT accepts prompts from websites to install or update software programs and web browser plugins.
- Do NOT download applications and programs that have not been verified by an official store.
- Do NOT click on links to unfamiliar or nefarious websites.
- Do NOT open attachments included in unsolicited e-mails.
In the event that your computer has been infected with the ‘Bad Rabbit’ ransomware, take the following steps:
- Disconnect and quarantine the infected system by removing it from your network.
- Reinstall computer operating system and applications. Restore data from backup.
For further information and support, please contact GNCIRT at 222 4423 or firstname.lastname@example.org