Roles of the Team
While the primary role of CIRT.GY is to provide computer incident management, it also serves in the following roles:
- National point of contact on cybersecurity issues for international agencies and the Government of Guyana
- Development of incident management capabilities within the nation
- Provision of Incident Management technical expertise
- Promotion of cybersecurity issues and awareness nationally
- Support domestic, regional and international collaboration with other agencies on issues related to cybersecurity
Work of the Team
- Information Dissemination
Information Dissemination Information dissemination relies on CIRT.GY being a trusted source of cybersecurity practices and trends. The unit reviews trusted information and presents the relevant details to the public.
- Incident Management
Incident management is a reactive service that focuses on providing tangible assistance in responding to cybersecurity incidents. The unit therefore performs incident handling functions whenever possible. These functions include Incident Analysis, Response Support and Coordination.
Collaboration with international organisations is an essential part of the work of CIRT.GY. This includes the formation of partnerships to assist in strengthening cybersecurity globally and involves participation in the OAS/CICTE network of CIRTs.